Yoga teacher training in India
Become a certified Hatha Yoga teacher in India in 4 weeks
The Kiambu township sec 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a professional training course to become a certified Hatha Yoga teacher. It is taught by experts and experienced teachers from our ashram in India.
You will benefit from:
- A professional and intensive 200-hour training to become a yoga teacher in our ashram in India
- A comprehensive experience to ensure your resume: 170 Hatha Yoga asanas (postures), yoga philosophy, anatomy and more
- An expertise to teach, to direct your students, the corrections and variations of postures
- 3 hours of daily practice to teach
- Internationally recognized certification as a yoga teacher
- The chance to study the yogic tradition at the sources in an Indian ashram
- Support to start your own yoga school / yoga studio
- Follow-ups and tools after training as well as mentoring
Why Kiambu township sec Yoga Ashrams?
- More than 4000 certified, who teach all over the world
- Motivated and experienced teachers
- Individual attention and personalized support for each person receiving the training
- Study of yoga in an authentic ashram in India
- An affiliation as a life member to the AYA teachers’ register to continue support and mentoring
Our Hatha Yoga teacher training in India is accredited by:
- Yoga Alliance
- International Yoga Federation
- European Yoga Association
- International Yoga Association
- CRKBO (Netherlands)
Who Should Attend ?
- People who wish to become a qualified and confident yoga teacher
- Advanced practitioners and beginners
- Yoga teachers already in practice
Our Hatha Yoga teacher training in India is intensive with 26 days of residency with a precise schedule. Here are some key aspects covered:
- 170 Hatha Yoga asanas
- Correction and modification techniques in detail
- Basic and advanced breathing exercises
- Yoga and Vedic Philosophy
- Kundalini Yoga
- Prenatal yoga
- Yoga for children
- Yoga for seniors
- Yoga for Disability
- Anatomy and physiology
- Accident prevention
- Principles of Ayurveda, Diet, Diet and much more!
|06 h||Meditation & Pranayama|
|8:15 a.m.||How to teach (the practice of group teaching)|
|12 h||Karma Yoga|
|1 p.m.||Philosophy / Anatomy / Physiology|
|3:15 p.m.||Yoga Asana|
|7 p.m.||Evening program|
The Yoga Teacher Training takes place at Kiambu township sec Yoga Ashram in India. The ashram covers nearly 7 hectares of nature in a quiet environment near the old town of Khajuraho in India. The ashram is easily accessible by direct flight or direct train from Dellhi, Varanasi and Agra. Khajuraho Airport is 14 km from the ashram and the train station 12 km. A shuttle service is available on the first day of arrival for the start of the training day and last day of the course from and to Khajuraho airport and train station.
Yoga teacher training program in India
For f raining yoga teacher , Yoga Kiambu township sec only forms small groups to contribute to the maximum development of skills and confidence of students and support them in their transformation into yoga teacher qualified. Thus, the teachers’ attention is personalized and focused on the supervision and counseling needs of the students. During the 4 weeks of training you will tackle the 160 asana postures, didactic and correction techniques, pranayamas, training, Vedic philosophy, the yogic lifestyle and more. Yoga teacher training program in Kiambu township sec Ashram in India is the same as offered in the Netherlands. For the detailed program, please see the Teacher Training Curriculum .
The price of the training includes tuition, accommodation, 3 vegetarian meals per day, 2 uniforms, a course manual, shuttle service on arrival and departure from Khajuraho airport or train station the first and last day of training as well as a lifetime membership in the AYA Faculty Register for ongoing orientation and mentoring.
- Shared double room € 1750
- Single bedroom € 1950
- The total number of places per course is limited
- Our 200-hour yoga teacher training course is registered with the Yoga Alliance, the European Yoga Association, the International Yoga Federation and all the most recognized yoga federations.
- All charges are based on the Euro conversion rate. The deposit secures a place on the course, but does not set the conversion rate. Rates at the time of full payment will apply. Fees are subject to change without notice
- Payment facilities are available on request
We welcome students of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs. The most important criteria to consider before applying for our yoga teacher training are:
- Have a sincere desire to work hard, an ability to adapt and go beyond your comfort zone
- Be mentally and physically well to follow the training
- Understand and speak basic English
- Training is contraindicated in pregnancy. However, we study all requests individually.
We guarantee that the training will allow you to have the correct and sufficient knowledge of yoga, yoga philosophy, teaching skills and sufficient practice to know how to teach with confidence.
We understand the importance of support after training. It is for this reason that we offer support to all our students. Our teachers can be contacted directly by Skype, phone, email, chat for any questions.
As an Kiambu township sec Yoga teacher, you will be affiliated with the International Yoga Association as RYT 200 (registered yoga teacher).
If you are not an Indian national, you may need to have a valid visa before traveling to India. Applicants from eligible countries / territories can apply online between 120 and 4 days prior to arrival date. Example: If you are applying on September 1, you can choose your arrival date from September 5 to January 2.
Faq – Yoga teacher training in India
Do I need to be experienced in yoga to do this training?
Our 200 hour Yoga Teacher training in India is perfectly suited for beginners. During this training you will learn all aspects of Hatha Yoga from the start. Therefore, prior experience is useful but not essential.
I am not flexible, is this a problem?
No one can do all the postures and everyone has their own limits. It is therefore not a problem if your body is not flexible. What is important is your willingness to learn and to improve.
My English is not very good. Can I take the training?
As our students come from all over the world, this training is taught in English. If you can read and understand basic English, especially newspaper English, then you are sufficiently proficient to take the training. Find out more: Is it possible to take yoga teacher training in English, when you don’t speak or speak very little English?
Is training in India different from that in the Netherlands?
Our yoga teacher training courses in India and the Netherlands have exactly the same courses and are taught by the same teachers but the location is different.
Can I come with my family during this training
Sometimes it is possible to come accompanied by a person who will be considered a guest. Please write to us to request it and check availability.
Can I teach right after the 200 hours of yoga teacher training?
Yes. Even though the training lasts 4 weeks, our students all agree that they have learned a lot more than they could have learned in 2 years at home. The reason is that during this training period you will be focused for a whole month on yoga only.