THE SCOUTS CLUB
The main aim of the club is to contribute to the development of the school and society in general. The Scouts’ and Guides’ also lay more emphasis in achieving full physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and character potential as individuals, responsible citizens and members of local, national and international 1community.
Kiambu Township Scout Club principles are
- Duty to God
- Duty to Others
- Duty to oneself
- Adherence to promises and law.
The Objectives are:-
- Introduction of first aid club.
- To raise a firm foundation of scouting in our school and community.
- Visiting less fortunate people annually
- Positive attitude towards the school e.g prevention of strikes, truancy and sneaking out of school.
- Facilitating a conducive environment e.g planting trees and clean ups.
The achievements so far are:-
1. Certificates awarded in:
- Cleaning of Kiambu District hospital and Kiambu Town streets.
- Camping and expedition competition e.g at Rowallan and A.S.K Nairobi’s
2. Various talent shows and funkies in our school..
3. Recruting new members every year.
4. Offering help in tragedies e.g in the recent two buildings which collapsed in
5. Role model in our school- always leading the students in school activities.
6. The most active club in the school currently-holding the trophy.
To help each student develop a personal set of rules.
Learning by doing.